Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wait, what?

Two of my favorite things that are often mentioned together, but rarely discussed in terms of scholarly research--Feminism and Embroidery--  I cannot believe I do not own this yet.  Originally published in 1989, The Subversive Stitch was just updated and re-issued by I.B. Tauris publishing:  Rozsika Parker's now classic  re-evaluation of the reciprocal relationship between women and  embroidery has brought stitchery out from the private world of female domesticity into the fine arts, created a major breakthrough in art history and criticism, and fostered the emergence of today's dynamic and expanding crafts movements.

This is at the tippy top of my very short Christmas wish list.  Hey Andy!  Do you read my blog??

I found this book by reading this book----  

Which I highly recommend as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment